Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 11, 2016

The Chaperone.......

312/366

Today was the first time in 4 years of Marching Band that I chaperoned an event.  The Pittsburgh Veteran's Day parade was not moved this year to a weekend day so available chaperone's were few and far between.  I tossed my hat in the ring and off we went!

I learned very quickly why I don't do this......the bus ride is a killer.  However, to spend the day my daughter and all her band mates was well worth the motion sickness from the back of the bus!  These kids had so much fun and made me proud and the whole KO community!

We had fun today but we never forgot the meaning of today and that without our Veterans, a day like this would never happen.

This nation will remain the home of the free so long as it is the home of the brave.
~Elmer Davis




No comments:

Post a Comment