Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Play Ball (113/366)


I wound up my trip to Boston by visiting the Griffin Photography Museum (http://www.griffinmuseum.org/) in Winchester, MA.  They had a photography exhibit on the 100 Years of Fenway and then we got to meet Matt Tavares, a writer and illustrator of children's books.  He was doing a presentation on his latest book, There Goes Ted Williams and then a book signing.

I purchased two of his books.  There Goes Ted Williams for my son and a little something special for my Mom for Mother's Day.  I hope she likes it.

The Museum itself is in a small house but had some outstanding photographs of Fenway through the last 100 years.  There were a few favorites and funny enough, they were all of the Green Monster.  In a few years, I hope to bring the kids to Fenway so that we can do a park tour, which will allow me to take shots that I couldn't on a game day and of course, take in a game (non-Yankee).

Below is Matt signing his newest book to Daniel which I hope he keeps and passes on to his kids.  In the meantime, once he reads the book, it will then be displayed in our soon to be re-done basement which will be the sports room.

A man has to have goals-for a day, for a lifetime-and that was mine, to have people say, "There goes Ted Williams, the greatest hitter who ever lived".
~Ted Williams 1988







No comments:

Post a Comment