Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Flutterby (112/366)

The Butterfly Place in Westford, MA was the highlight of today.  Not only did we score free admission using the Morton's library pass but I was lucky enough to catch some amazing shots.  This was no easy task due the size of the the atrium and the number of adults and children milling around.

And the number of butterflies was countless and I even had a few Blue Morpho butterflies land on me.  I think part of it might had to due with the color shirt I was wearing which was almost close to their color.

Now we spent a little over an hour here and in that short period I shot over 200 photos.  Not an easy task picking out one favorite.  That just means I get to share more on my G+ and Facebook pages.  Butterflies are truly one of my most favorite subjects to photograph.

This is a Common Mormon.  I liked how her (yes it's a her) colors matched with the flowers and that you knew she was feeding without having to see all of her in view.

My next trip has to be to the Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.  I think I might need a much bigger SD card and at least a weekend...LOL

Love is like a butterfly.  It goes where it pleases and it pleases where it goes.
~Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment