Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The dandeLion Sleeps Tonight (105/366)

I spent some quiet moments this morning sitting in my front yard, literally.  I am sure my neighbors look out their windows and wonder what the crazy red head is doing today.    Today I was on a Dandelion kick, especially those on the verge of final death.

Now I know they are nothing but an annoyance in our yards, but I can't help but love the beauty as it reaches it's final stages.  Remind me of that next Spring when my yard is pocked with them.

I also can't forget when my kids brought me their first "bouquet" of flowers and they were all Dandelions.  Smiling with these bright yellow blossoms in their chubby little hands.  What mother could refuse?

Roses are red
Violets are blue
but they don't get around
like Dandelions do.
~Slim Acres






No comments:

Post a Comment