Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 23, 2012

I Love Chalk! (83/366)


There have not been many days where I had a tough time making a decisions on what picture to use for my blog.  Today, however, would be one of them.

Last night our Photography 102 Instructor handed down personalized home work assignments.  Mine was to give the macro lens a rest and shoot big.  OK, I can do that (gulp).....  Since our weather over the weekend is supposed to be better for ducks than humans with cameras, I spent my lunch hour roaming up and down Washington Rd. with my camera.

My two points of immediate interest where St. Bernard's and Mt. Lebanon United Presbyterian Church.  These two houses of worship are simply amazing pieces of architectural beauty.  Now I must confess. I love photographing churches both inside and out and in just under an hour, I shot over 100 photos.  This made the task of choosing one shot for today very difficult.

Well it was difficult till I walked around the side of United Presbyterian.  All along the sidewalk were chalk drawings done by the children in their daycare program.  I remember loving chalk as a kid and nothing beat drawing all over the driveway and sidewalks of our home.  This one anonymous artist caught my eye with her lovely tulips and sun.  I was a beautiful representation of today.

Now, don't worry, shots of St. Bernard's will show up next week after I get my new 50mm f/1.8 lens.

Truly wonderful the mind of a child is...
~Yoda



No comments:

Post a Comment