Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Air Aiken (81/366)


Welcome to Aiken Elementary School in Green Tree, PA.  Aiken is our local elementary school and where my daughter attended and where my son is now in 3rd Grade.  Aiken also achieved Blue Ribbon Excellence in 2011 and I am proud to be part of this institution.


This is Daniel (my son) and Bella (one of his school mates).  Today was Daniel's turn at doing the morning announcements and reading his poem as one of Ms. Leitch's  Perky Poem People.  I don't make this stuff up, I promise.

This was also one of the rare occasion where Daniel got to ride with Mom to school.  Any day you don't have to take the bus is apparently a good thing.  I felt very tall (and old) as I sat waiting till it was his turn to go on.  Were some of these kids even old enough to be in school?  I don't remember mine being that small.  LOL

It's good to be able to enjoy these moments with your kids and I am glad my job allows me to do so.

Way to go Daniel, you did a great job!

Here is his poem....

My brother is a quarterback
I rarely catch a pass
and he can run a marathon
I soon run out of gas
he pitches for his baseball team
I pop up on his curve
and he's an ace at tennis
I can't return his serve

My dunks the basketball
I dribble like a mule
He swims like a torpedo
I flounder in the pool
he's accurate at archery
I hardly ever score
He boxes and he wrestles
I wind up on the floor

My brother catches lots of fish
I haven't any luck
he's captain of his hockey team
I can't control the puck
his bowling's unbelievable
I bowl like a buffoon
he said someday I'll start to win
I hope someday is soon.

~Jack Prelutsky

And if you are interested.....here is his video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdAwiR_avnY ).  Be sure to turn up the sound because apparently the mic on my daughter's camera sucks.  Should have used my iPhone....LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment