Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Of thee I sing (39/366)


Today was one of those days.  The snow was falling, it was colder than it has been in a more than a few weeks and all I really wanted to do was stay in bed and watch bad "B" movies.  But it was Wednesday, it was work and I was off.

For the last few months I had notice this little flag just outside the Parking Garage near my office.  It was one of those things that you see every day but never really pay attention to.   I kept meaning to snap a photo of it and today, with the snow I finally took the opportunity.

Now I don't want to get into a debate about the current state of our Nation, but I know I would never want to live anywhere else.  This little flag reminded me that no matter what, we stand strong, we weather the storms and come out with flying colors on the other side.

Be proud of our country, be proud for being American and don't be afraid to lend a hand.  If more of us took an interest in our country, we might just be able to change things that need it.

My country 'tis of thee
(Today)
Sweet land of liberty
(Today)
Of thee I sing
(Today)
Of thee I sing
(Today)

















No comments:

Post a Comment