Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Can your hear me, Major Tom? (38/366)

As a parent, I think one of the rites of passage is kids toys that make it into the strangest places at the worst times.  Nothing can scare the hell out of you more than when you run over a Hot Wheels car with the lawn mover and shards of metal and plastic fly out in all directions like you hit a land mine.  My personal favorite is the Lego piece that you can't see because it blends with the floor....damn that can hurt like hell!

So as I went to work on Monday, I walked by the side of my driveway and saw this little Walkie-Talkie lying in the lawn.  Now, I would not think much of it normally, but I know it hasn't been there long and I don't think I ever bought my kids anything like this.  So it makes you wonder....where did it come from?

And before you go thinking I cheated and used a pic I took on Monday, for Tuesday, I didn't.  I had taken a similar photo on Monday but after we went to dinner, the shot of Point won out because I knew this would still by lying in the same spot the next day (minus a little bit of frost).

I think I might just leave it and see if my son happens to notice it.  I am sure it doesn't work but I know he loves  being creative with his toys.  Right now he is re-enacting a scene from one of the Star Wars movies with Millennium Falcon he got for his birthday and a few thousand other Lego's he has accumulated over the past few years.

Ground control to Major Tom, your circuits dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you.....





No comments:

Post a Comment