Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 6, 2012

City of Bridges (37/366)


Tonight I had dinner at one of my favorite places in Pittsburgh, Monterey Bay Fish Grotto up (http://www.montereybayfishgrotto.com/) on Mt. Washington.  The view from the restaurant is as amazing as the menu and it always opens up delicious and interesting food options for me.

We started off the evening with Oyster's Rockefeller, raw oysters and Cajun Shrimp.  Tonight's special was a Walu-Escolar done in a Korean BBQ.  It was beyond amazing and definitely a fish I would love to have again. Delicate, light and flaky and it practically melted in your mouth.  We finished our meal with carrot cake that probably put 10lbs on me just looking at it.

A special thank you to my colleagues and co-workers for company and conversation as diverse and interesting as tonight's menu.  Rich, Scott, Steve and Chris....thank you for a lovely evening.  It's always a pleasure to have your company.

We've got a million bridges
To get from place to place
Try to name another city
That let's pierogies race
After riding the inclines
The only food I like
Are a Primanti's brother sandwich with fries and slaw
And a slice of old Vinnie's pie.





No comments:

Post a Comment