Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town......

349/366

One of my fondest memories of Christmas as a child was going to church on Christmas Eve and then getting home to anxiously away Santa Claus coming down our street on the big hook and ladder truck from the Nottingham Fire Department.

Santa gave out little presents and some years it was a coloring book and crayons (something I still love to do) or one of the Life Saver Candy books.  It really didn't matter what it was, it was all about the man in red.

When I bought my first home, in a small town outside of Philly, I was thrilled that Santa still came around on the hook and ladder truck.  Even more thrilled after Daniel was born that we had his birthday the weekend before Christmas and Santa was always there for all the kids to see.  How cool was it to have Santa come to your birthday party!

This tradition continues in our home here in Pittsburgh as our local volunteer Fire Department comes around with Santa.  It's not a hook and ladder but we do get Mrs. Claus and how cute was it to watch my neighbors little girl run up to give Santa a hug today!

You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why......Santa Claus is coming to town!


No comments:

Post a Comment