Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 19, 2016

And The Stockings Were Hung......

350/366

Another one of my favorite's at Christmas is our stockings.  Handmade by my Mom and mine, made in 1968 and still in pristine condition despite all it's been through!  I remember as a kid trying to wear it (it went up well past my knee).  It being stretched when stuff full with hair spray, pantyhose, shampoo and other large, heavy objects.

Then eventually, when Mom finished my brother's stocking (many years after he was born), she started on spouses, grandchildren and great grandchildren.  Even my mother-in-law got one!  Now I need to get my act in gear and learn how to make these because I would love to continue this tradition.  I have never knitted a thing but I am willing to learn how to do this.  Mom promised me the pattern and if I have to take a knitting class or a long weekend in NJ with my dear friend Justine, I will do it.

Christmas is a stocking stuffed with sugary goodness!



No comments:

Post a Comment