Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 5, 2016

The TBR List......

34/366

So at almost 16, my daughter, Shannon, has finally discovered a love for reading.  All through Elementary, Middle School and into Sophomore year of High School, reading for AR was one of those things we just could not meet eye to eye on.  It was a struggle every marking period.

Then, out of the blue last week she hands me Christmas money and wants me to order her a series of books.  They arrived on January 29th and I don't think she came up for air except to eat over the weekend.

When I was her age, reading was my escape.  I loved horror novels.  The more blood, guts and sex, the better.  I wanted as far away from a text book that I could get!

So here's to Shannon and her new found love of reading.  Whichever author spawned this new love, keep up the good work!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.  The man that does not read leads only one.


No comments:

Post a Comment