Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Take Me To Church

Day 17/366

Mt. Lebanon Presbyterian Church.  The middle church of three beautiful churches in the area I work. St. Bernard's to it's right and Mt. Lebanon United Methodist to it's left.  I love the bare trees against the brickwork of the church tower.  It's a beautiful piece of architecture and dates back to 1929 when the stone Decorated Gothic Twin Towers were built.

Tonight, after our Scout meeting in the Methodist church, which is stunning in it's own right, I braved the cold to take a shot.  Churches are one of my favorite things to photograph, inside and out and I need to get to more of these beautiful building in our area.

Here's a little history on MLUP Church:

http://www.stclaircemetery.com/view.php/page/History_church

No masters or kings when the ritual begins
There is no sweeter innocence than our gentle sin
In the madness and soil of that sad earthly scene
Only then I am human
Only then I am clean
Amen. Amen. Amen
~Hozier



No comments:

Post a Comment