Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 5, 2012

Yarn Bombing (279/366)

I love anything pumpkin.  Coffee, bagels, roll, pie, etc.  If it's made with pumpkin I know I am going to like it.  A few days ago there is a young girl in the elevator of the Parking Garage in her Yogli Mogli shirt as she works for the new Frozen Yogurt shop down the street.  Well somehow the topic of flavors came up and she said they had Pumpkin.  My eyes lit up as did my taste buds.

I had a good food day(ie, I behaved with my caloric intake) and I sent a message out for anyone in the office wanting to join me for a quick walk to the new store.  Michelle and Kelly joined me and on our way down the street I saw the strangest thing.  Doily's wrapped around the light pole and what looked like a small blanket wrapped around another.  I had to stop and take a pictures.  Michelle said she had heard about this kind of thing and of course, she was Googling as soon as we got back to the office.

It's called Yarn Bombing and it started in the US in 2005 by Magda Sayeg who put a knit cozy on her businesses door knob and it sorta caught on.  It's a form of graffiti or street art and apparently it's hit Pittsburgh.  Never saw anything like this until today but it's kind of cool!  And hey, if you get cold, these are about scarf size....go for it!

For more info...check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarn_bombing


No comments:

Post a Comment