Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Father (246/366)

In my Twitter Photoaday challenge, the word today was Father.  I wish I could have been taking a photo of my Dad for the post but that's not possible.  He is very busy these days, hanging with his mom, my sister and her husband.

I pondered a few photo choices or bringing back an old photo but I like to keep the challenge true and make sure I take the photo on that day.  While we were grocery shopping, Shannon notices a jar of pigs feet and I can't help but smile and she says, "Ewwwww, who eats those things?"  "Your Grandfather did?" and that's when I explained to the two of them the funny story of their grandfather.

My grandmother used to make him pickled pigs feet and they would be in a bowl in this nasty jelly.  They were the most disgusting thing you could ever see, but he loved them.  And you know what he loved more than actually eating them?  He used to love to take one and eat it right in front of us gnawing at it like an animal, just to gross us out.

It's silly the things that spark memories.....


No comments:

Post a Comment