Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Walk-Off (129/366)

I thought I knew what today's photo of the day would be before I even took it.  Tonight I was treated to a Pirates Game by one of our good vendors.  Jim, my co-worker and Steve, our vendor, met at the PNC Park this evening to root on our Buccos against the Washington Nationals.  I was hoping to see Stephen Strasburg pitching but tonight was not his night.  We did have the phenom, Bryce Harper so I was hoping to catch a few good shots of the hot shot 19yo outfielder.

I captured more than a few shots of #34 but the eventual outcome of the game totally changed my mind.  All during the game we had a rather loud cheering section for AJ Burnett behind us.  Burnett did a hell of a job tonight with 10 strikeouts and only allowing 2 runs in 8 innings.  We got to see Andrew McCutchen and Garret Jones hit solo home runs and it looked like another W was in the bag for the Pirates.  Until the 9th inning.

Yeah, former Pirate, Adam LaRoche hit a 2 run home run off our closer, Hanrahan, and the crowd ( for a Tuesday night game in Pittsburgh, it was a crowd ) started to leave.  Then of course on the big screen is my favorite (and the only one I know ) scene from Pirates of the Caribbean, "Hoist the colors!"  And that we did.

We were down by a run, we were down to our last out and it had not been a great night for out catcher, Rod Barajas.  Now I like Rod.  I like him because he just looks like a nice guy, he has 6 kids and because he is an underdog at this point in his career and I love the underdog!  I also tired of the AJ Burnett fan club behind me ridiculing him the whole night.

So with Alex Presley on third after a two pass balls, Rod line a shot into the left field corner and those of us fans still left, went crazy!  There is nothing better than watching your team come back and take the win with a walk-off and it's even better when it's a home run!!!!

Way to go Rod, you were the man of the night!

Every strike brings me closer to the next home run!
~Babe Ruth







No comments:

Post a Comment