Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Iris At The Fence (130/366)

Weather has not been kind to us this week.  My lawn already looks like I have not mowed in weeks and two Little League games were a washout.

On the bright side, I noticed that the Iris's in my "garden" decided to rejoin the living.  I have tried more than a few times to eradicate my "garden" of weeds via Round Up.  Pretty sure that the Daffodils are immune to it and the Iris's just needed a year to recover.  Of course the same thing goes for the weeds.  Nothing kills them and trust me, I have tried.

So tonight, after photographing some of the side garden at Daniel's elementary school, I came home and played in the back yard.  This was my favorite out of all the shots.  The lighting at dusk and the fence as a back drop gave this a very earthy feel.

Where the flower blooms, so does hope.
~Ladybird Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment