Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hoist The Colours! (134/366)


Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there.  I hope each and every one of you had the best day ever!  I know mine was.  It started with a nice two hour chat with one of my favorite Mom's from down under.  Jodie, there are not many people I would get up early for, but I loved our coffee chat today!

Then my kids made me breakfast and gave me a lovely bunch of tulips, all ready to be planted next weekend and cards.  We made our calls and were off to the ballpark.  Several years ago, I made the decision that the place I wanted to be on Mother's Day was with my kids at a baseball game.  Shannon asked what we would do if the Pirates were not at home on Mother's Day.  Simple, drive to Cleveland!

The Bucco's struck first and it was 1-0 until the 5th and then the pesky Astro's went ahead in the 7th.  Then we tied it in the 9th.  Bonus baseball on Mother's Day.  Could it get any better?  Of course it could, we could win! Pink bats, pink shoes, pink sweat bands....put a W in the win column boys, for your Mom's and all the mom's that came out to spend the day with you!

One of my favorite things at the Pirates game is in the bottom of the 9th, which of course means we are not ahead, they play this scene.  Now I have yet to watch any of these movies, but I soooo love this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-eDORp7IEg )

I might have to make some time to watch them this summer and the Bucco's did not disappoint.  They played till the 12th and it was rookie Josh Harrison, who shot a single to left field to score Clint Barmes.  What a way to end the day!

Let's Go Bucs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment