Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Sultan of Swing (92/366)


Daniel decided to join me on my walk about the neighborhood to do my homework. Just Daniel and I and my 50mm lens.  We have a semi developed cul de sac behind our house so we walk onto some of the lots and discovered some very cool things to photograph.  It was also a good way for me to get used to a static lens.  Prior to this purchase, the two lenses I own are both zooms and I was feeling a bit leery that I would be limited with what I could do.  Boy was I wrong.

I think both of us were amazed as some of the things we discovered no more than 100 yards from our house.  Cat tails in post bloom, tree stumps, dried flowers and a lovely creek running down below.    Then we took our walk to the Parkedge Park, which is 100 yards in the other direction from our home.  Daniel wanted to swing (what kid/adult doesn't) so I let him go at it.  What was even better was the natural smiles I was getting as he got higher and higher.  This was the best 60 mins of the weekend!

Back to the house to review the shots.  Almost 100 in an hour.  Who knew so much fun could be had this close to home.

Today you are You, that's truer than true.  There is no one alive that is youer than You!
~Dr. Seuss



No comments:

Post a Comment