Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Glass Castle (99/366)

Our very own castle in downtown Pittsburgh.  At least that is what it looks like to me when I sit at PNC Park for a Pirate game, and I do that a lot.  I have yet to make it down to PPG place (it's real name)  but I often catch it as I photograph the city skyline.

Today, as I attended the third game of the 2012 season with my kids, it caught my attention again.  You cannot truly appreciate the beauty of this building unless you see it.  I got a quick glance last August when I did a Duck Tour with co-workers and had hopes of making it there during the holidays.  Didn't quite get there, but it's on my "To Do" list for 2012.  So for today, I focused on the tower that is the jewel of the Pittsburgh skyline.

For those of you not living in the Pittsburgh area, here is a nice bit of history on the buildings in PPG Place.

http://www.ppgplace.com/building

The most fascinating fact to me was that there is nearly 1 million feet of neutral silver Solarban 550 reflective glass units used in the structures.  That's a whole lotta glass and it makes PPG highly energy efficient, not to mention, beautiful.

do you ever question your life?
do you ever wonder why?
do you ever see in your dreams
all the castle in the sky?
~Ian Van Dahl









No comments:

Post a Comment