Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Floral Abstract (88/366)


I know I have talked about my love of flowers and what wonderful subjects they are.  No hair or make up issues, no clothing malfunction.  They simple are and that's all they need to be.

Earlier this week we celebrated my co-worker's birthday.  Her sister sent her flowers and we have been having a field day with our iPhone's and my Olloclip.  This was my favorite from today.  Gerber daisies are nature's paintbrushes.  Just full of colors I know my camera could never duplicate.

Now for some odd reason, every time I look at this photo, it brings to mind a quote I found recently.  It has nothing to do with flowers but it just seems to me to be appropriate for the photo.  Perhaps its the way the softness of the petals cling to the rough stem for strength and support.  Or it could just be that I liked the quote, this is my blog and I felt like using it today with this picture.  Either way, enjoy!

I read once that the Ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand and Eskimos had a hundred words for snow.  I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me when you sleep & there are no words for that.
~Brian Andreas






No comments:

Post a Comment