Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Take Me Out To The Ball Game (33/366)


In less than 3 weeks, pitchers and catchers report for the beginning of Spring Training and I can't wait!

First and foremost I love baseball.  I was born and raised a Philadelphia Phillies fan and my heart will always be them.  Life and work moved me to Pittsburgh, which means the Pirates.  I have always been a fan of the underdog, and for the last 18 years, you can't find more of an underdog than the Pittsburgh Pirates.  Now most baseball fans would not think that was a good thing.

But you know what?  My kids are getting something you don't get in all the big market towns: intimacy with their hometown team.  They are learning to love baseball as Season Ticket holders, as members of the Bucaroos club, as Pittsburgh Pirates fans!  We will attend about 30 games this season and win or lose, it's what we love to do.

So as I was enjoying a brisk walk on a cold and gray February day around the baseball field of our local Aiken Park, my mind wandered ahead about two months, to when kids will be playing on these fields.  Parents will be watching and cheering, I will be getting my walk/jog on and it will be baseball season!

Take me out to the ballgame
Take me out with the crowd
Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks
I don't care if I ever get back!







No comments:

Post a Comment