Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Look at me, I can be centerfield (49/366)

With pitchers and catchers about to report to Spring Training camps in Florida and Arizona, it was hard not to choose these two shots for the Picture(s) of the day!  Yes, I did two shot since one is just a close up shot of a portion of the other and it is my blog.....LOL

The Miniature Railroad and Village is current on display at the Carnegie Science Center and that's where the kids and I spent our day.  It was almost a celebration that we all felt human, all at the same time!  I have always loved Miniature Train displays and this one has so much intricate detail, I could spend days just trying to share it all with you.  For more information about this, here's a FAQ from the Science Center ( http://www.carnegiesciencecenter.org/exhibits/miniature-railroad-faq/ ).

This particular portion of the display is Forbes Field ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes_Field ) which was where the Pittsburgh Pirates played from 1909 to 1970.  Just so you could appreciate the attention to detail of this exhibit, the second photo is of the play happening at 2nd base.  As you can see, every aspect has been clearly thought out.  I think I could  have filled a whole camera card just shooting this section.

So here we are, two of my favorite things rolled into one.  April 5th cannot come soon enough!

Got a beat up glove, a homemade bat and a brand new pair of shoes
You know I think it's time to give this game a ride
Just hit the ball and touch 'em all, a moment in the sun
(pop) it's gone and you can tell that one goodbye!






No comments:

Post a Comment