Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 20, 2012

Leave a light on when I'm gone (51/366)

Monday.....ran by in a blur and before I knew it, it was 8pm and I was on my way to pick Daniel up from Cub Scouts.  Driving up the street I was listening to the radio and David Cook's "Light On" came on and I was checking out all the porch lights.  I think I had my shot for the day.  I don't like waiting till the last minute for some of these shots, but reality sometimes has it's way with you and you just have to deal!

Now my house might not be brand new, not a mansion by any stretch of the imagination.  It's in definite need of some home improvements, but it keeps us warm and safe and it's mine.  The kids have a yard to play in and a park right around the corner.  We have good neighbors and come Spring, I will have a green lawn and a butterfly garden.  I like seeing that light on, because I know I am home.

Try to leave a light on when I'm gone
Something I rely on to get home
One I can feel at night, a naked light
A fire to keep me warm.....






No comments:

Post a Comment