Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Good Morning, Deer (52/366)


One of the things that blew my mind when we first moved here was the wildlife right in our own backyard, literally.  We had a wooded area behind our house and there were always deer and wild turkey in our yard.  I had to keep a close eye on Daniel so he didn't torment the turkeys and get himself hurt.

That wooded area has since been cleared and McMansions built, so we don't see them as often.  However, there are still many wooded areas of our "closed" neighborhood and I still get my views of Bambi and Tom on a weekly basis.  Generally just strolling from one side of the street to the other as if they own the place.

This morning was one of those days.  Just one, waiting in the middle of the road till I approached and he(she?) scurried off into one of the driveways.  He did pause long enough to let me take his picture and I am sure my neighbor who was out walking his dog was wondering what I was doing as I pulled off to the side to catch my shot....LOL

Next time, the turkey's have their moment!

I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls.  They always say it's because they are a beautiful animal.  There you go.  I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her.


Ellen DeGeneres



2 comments: