Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Guess what today was? (46/366)


Once again it was time to do the chore I detest the most, grocery shopping.  Now, after the technological "fail" of a day I had today and the "shitty" day I had yesterday, it was really the last thing I wanted to do, but hey, the kids have to eat.

So I grab my cart (they call them buggies here in Pittsburgh and that just makes me laugh) and once again, before I get to the fresh produce, Giant Eagle has offered me a variety beautiful flowers just dying to be photographed.  They really did bring a smile to my face after the day I had.  I had sorta pre-planned artichokes tonight (as a photo subject) but the flowers won out.

So I trudged up and down the isles and damn I did it again.  I shop twice a month, on paydays.  Normally (pre January 2012) my bill for 2 week time period was between $375-$425.  We don't eat out much so I don't think it's all that bad.  However, to my pleasant surprise, this is the 4th time in 2 months where I have been under the $350 mark and tonight....OMFG I got under the $300 mark. Simply amazing!

So now that I had a brief view of Spring and my checkbook was not totally depleted, I feel refreshed and I cannot wait for the warmer weather....

Daisies are like sunshine to the ground
~Drew Barrymore



No comments:

Post a Comment