Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wish You Were Here (24/366)


This is Lucky and I am sure if he could sing, it would be more like, "I wish you would remember I am here".


Lucky has been a member of our family since October 2010.  Shannon won him at our elementary school's booth at the local Green Tree Octoberfest.  We named him Lucky because we practically killed him before he ever got home.  I put his container in a bag we were carrying, not realizing that it had holes in the top of it (oops) and later, when I reach into the bag, I couldn't imagine why everything was wet.  Yeah, there would be Lucky in his container, with those big fishy lips, gasping for air.  Thanks to the quick thinking of one of the other parents, he dumped the remainder of his Dasani container into Lucky's and he was saved.

He continues to live up to his name as he was almost "overfed" and most recently, underfed.  Apparently unless he and his cousin, Steve, have their bowls out where the kids can see them daily, they forget they own fish.  I think he should have been born a cat.

And their Grandmother wonders why I won't by them a dog....LOL

We're two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Wish you were here.......



2 comments:

  1. i love that song :) one of my favourites... and yes your fish is lucky... dont let them have a bird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the situation is improving at home...hugs**

    ReplyDelete