Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our House 44 (22/366)


So we made it through the weekend.  The house probably needs one more good day of tossing things out, but the bulk of it is done.  I came home with boxes of "stuff" and I am going to need time to go through it all over the next few weeks, especially all the pictures and super 8 film.

So weird to see the house to empty.  So weird to have copies of my Dad's birth and death certificates.

I hope a nice young family finds our home and takes it into the next chapter of it's life.....

Our house, in the middle of our street.
Our house, in the middle of our...


Our house, was our castle and our keep
Our house, in the middle of our street


Our house, that was where we used to sleep
Our house, in the middle of our street....



6 comments:

  1. I thought about you a lot this weekend. I know it couldn't have been easy. It is obvious that the house was full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't often get emotional that the specific time when I probably should. I am sure, as I go through things, it will hit me.

    Thank you for your kind words. I can't wait to get all the handmade
    Christmas lawn ornaments back here...Daniel and I are going to repaint them and we will proudly display them this coming Holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a beautiful display, I am sure, come next December. And a beautiful way to carry on the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure it will make the blog Staci

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wonderful that you had this time to do this, i think it will be remembered as a significant time in your life... as your time with the house comes to an end, it leaves the space open for someone else to come and fill it...

    i look forward to seeing all the hand made xmas lawn ornaments, i will have to find you an aussie one to put there with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aussie Christmas Lawn Ornaments....this should prove interesting and displayed proudly!!!

    ReplyDelete