Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Morning Has Broken (19/366)


The title of this post was chosen for two reasons.  Once again, we had a beautiful winter morning with the pinks, blues and oranges that just made me want to stop every half mile to take a shot.  As I got to my other office I was happy to see that the open field on our property gave me an amazing view of our sunrise.

I also chose this title because Cat Stevens was one of my Dad's favorites and tomorrow Dan and I head back to NJ so we can go through what's left in his house.  It's not going to be easy.  This is the home I grew up in, a home that only knew one owner, my family.  My room, as a teenager covered in Rolling Stone magazine covers, a lace net over my bed and more staples holes that anyone thought was humanly possible.  Christmas Eve get-togethers with family and friends, homemade peach custard, climbing trees in the back yard, picnics with all the neighbors.

I am sure a shot or two will end up in my blog this weekend as I say "Goodbye" to my childhood home.

Morning has broken, like the first morning.
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them springing, fresh from the Word.


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic all around, photo and your memories. The Wham Is In. That staircase going upstairs to the 2nd floor of your old house looked so small after going back there as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be very weird...that is all I know!

    ReplyDelete