Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Life is uncertain, so eat dessert FIRST! (26/366)


Welcome to Aladdin's Eatery right here in Mt. Lebanon, PA.  It's a quick walk from my office and specializes in Middle Eastern food (http://www.aladdinseatery.com).

Now I was never a fan of this type of fare, but a co-worker introduced me to falaffle and I was hooked.  I enjoy a falaffle wrap and their hummos is amazing but my favorite menu item is the falaffle Salad with tahini Yogurt Dressing.  That's what I enjoyed for today's lunch.

Now, beyond the amazing  food at Aladdin's is the dessert case you have to stand next while you wait for your take out items.  All I have to say is OMFG.  The size and sheer numbers of cakes in the case is enough to give you sugar overload just looking at them.

And if the caloric content doesn't get to you, the cost will.  Almost every one of the cakes in that case are $65.00 each.  SIXTY-FIVE DOLLARS!  Not sure what they are made of but I am pretty sure I am not paying that much for a cake.  I think though, I need to sneak over there and get myself a treat for workout night.  Yeah, I know, I will gain what I work off but damn, just one of those would taste sooooo good!

Don't lead me into temptation, I can find it on my own (right in the cake case at Aladdin's).



2 comments:

  1. I love this photo so much, the lighting ...all of it! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a piece of their carrot cake. LOL

    ReplyDelete