Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 16, 2012

Good Morning, Good Morning (16/366)

Well the morning found me just a wee bit late but I could not help myself.  The sky this morning was so beautiful I just had to stop and take a picture (or three).

And that is where it all ended....LOL  I got to the office and tried to boot up my laptop, and yeah, it would be dead as a door nail (who decided a door nail could be dead is what I want to know?).  But I digress.  A few hours later, I had a loaner laptop which had a keyboard that one of my hands could engulf with ease.  Thankfully my boss got me upgraded to a keyboard and laptop so I could function like a Big Girl.

Can I also tell you how slow "web mail" access is?  Good Lord how dependent we become on these boxes of technology!

I think I would have rather stayed and enjoyed more of the sunrise this morning.....

Nothing to do, it's up to you
I've got nothing to say, but its OK
Good morning, good morning





4 comments:

  1. Deader then a door nail... Lol.. I do not know were that came from, i'll like to know my self. I like the picture that you took, nice. If your internet is low. some times it just needs to be cleaned out or to many programs are running at the same time, that will make it run slow. Well I'm glad that you enjoyed your morning and I'm just waking up and drinking my first coffee and it's 5am here. That's funny I got to go to work and work on my laptop. It is nice to have both.Well chat with you later. Time to go check on the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A long time ago, especially on farms, doors were made by nailing planks together. Over years of continual slamming and banging shut, the door nails would eventually loosen and fall out. When they hit the ground, instead of "ringing" like a new nail would, they would simply make a "tink" sound, i.e. they were dead. In the same sense in which a door nail is dead, it has no ring, it has no "life", similarly a person who is dead as a doornail, or deader than a doornail is really really dead, unrevivably dead.

    ReplyDelete