Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Born This Way (28/366)


So one of my goals for 2012 was not only more time with the camera, but a few more moments in front of it, instead of always behind it.  I have never been fond of my own photo.  In all my years of appearing in pictures, there were only 3 I liked.  My High School and College Senior Portraits and my college ID.  Yeah I know, but it was a damn good shot despite the fact I looked like I was mad at the world!

Every other photo I swear was just bad in someway, shape or form, so for the longest time I avoided pictures of myself by always being the one with the camera.  When my kids were born, I realized, they probably (despite what I might have thought) would like pictures of their mother.  I know I love having pictures of my Mom and Dad and I would try to make it at least ONCE into their photo albums.

So, to help with this goal, here is a picture of me from tonight (including make-up..woo hooo)....not a bad shot and just 45 mins early for #SelfySunday.

I am beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way.........
(yeah, I quoted Lady Gaga....it's how I roll)








5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Lady Gaga,,,Talk about being a CONFIDENT Self Made Woman...Whatever may be said about her, ART is ART!! Regardless of the medium....Subjective!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are beautiful!!!

    love u girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I agree Lois and while I am not fond of everything she has done I do love her music!

    Jodie-I caught a decent shot...but thank you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! At an age (I can say this since we are the same age) where the photos become less and less for whatever reason, to put up photos of ourselves as we are is a rite of passage and one we should do with gusto! Great blog !! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all beautiful. We just need to recognize it and embrace it.

    ReplyDelete