Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Tradition.....

341/366

Hallmark ornaments, a tradition that my mother started in 1975 with my sister, brother and myself.  I have continued this tradition with my own children. By the time they move out on their own, like me, they will be able to decorate their tree with oodles of memories.  I hope it's something they continue with their own children when the time comes.

This particular ornament is one of Daniel's favorites.  I had to buy it twice.  The first one was ruined by a back-up in the basement and he was crushed.  It's a favorite to put on the tree every year.  If you push the cherry on top of the truck, it plays the classic ice cream man tune!

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is reminiscing as each ornament is put on the tree!

There is no ideal Christmas; only the one you decide to make as a reflection of your values, desires, affections and traditions. ~ Bill McKibben


No comments:

Post a Comment