Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Now You See Me

221/366

A lovely little wild flower bed blooms across from the parking lot entrance to my office.  For most of July into August, I would see a lovely blue flower smiling brightly in the morning.  One day I decided I would photograph this lovely specimen before I left for the day.  Surprise!  Now you do not see me as that lovely little flower was not there, or so it seemed.

So the next day as I pulled into work, there they were again, bright blue smiles saying "Good Morning" to me and then after work....poof!  They were gone,

On a road trip to Rye, NY with my Mom, I pointed out the pretty blue flowers and between her and I and Google, we determined that it was Chicory.  Surprising to my mother and what I already knew, was that Chicory flowered in the morning and by the afternoon, had vanished into the field.

In the shot below, you can see the upper bloom already closing.

Life wildflowers, you must allow yourself to grow in places people thought you never would.
~E.V.


No comments:

Post a Comment