Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Here Comes The Sun....

216/366

I am participating in my 2nd mentorship on G+ and this one is photographing flowers.  Week 2 assignment is to spend time with flowers and photograph parts that not everyone sees or looks for.

Sunflowers are one of my favorites and lucky for me, after a quick and relatively painless dentist visit, I took a walk across the street to a neighborhood garden area which always has sunflowers. According to the woman at my dentist's office, her local Dormont neighbor does all the planting!

As beautiful as sunflowers are facing the lens, the back gives us amazing details and shooting just half of the flower gives the look of the sun rising (or setting).  I shot from the side as well and sepia toned it and loved the outcome but this, to me, just screams Summer.

Be your own sunshine!



No comments:

Post a Comment