Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Welcome Back.......

180/366

When my son and I planted our butterfly garden 5 years ago, the phlox was one of the first flowers we planted.  Quickly I learned that while butterflies were attracted to the phlox, deer liked to eat them.  Even with all the construction in our neighborhood, we still have a lot of deer and it was a race to keep repellent on the plants with all the rain we have had.  Our brutal winters didn't help either.

I was thrilled to see two of the three plants come back this year.  The pretty purple was the first to bloom and I hope to see the pink one soon.  And since my neighbor gave me 8-12 more inches of yard with the new fence, I am hoping some of the phlox from my old neighbor pop up too!

If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, Spring would lose it's loveliness.
~St. Therese of Lisieux


No comments:

Post a Comment