Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Begins With S (354/366)

This is my Christmas stocking.  My mother made this for me in 1968.  It was my second Christmas.  She made one of these for all three of her kids.  Then we got married.  So she made one for each of our spouses.  Then we had kids.  So each of her grandchildren received one as well.  Then, two of those grandchildren had children, and she made more.  19 in total so far.  Justin, my niece's husband is now currently waiting for his.....that will make 20.

I know that it would not be Christmas for me without this stocking.  I remember as a kid finding all kinds of cool toys in it and as I got older, my parents got smart and stuffed my stocking with shampoo, hairspray, socks, stockings, etc.  The big items fill this up quickly.

I now do the same thing for my kids.  There are always cool gifts inside.  Some big, some small but all fun!  I can't wait to fill them again this year as I got creative and they should be all smiles.  Now I think I need to learn to knit so I can continue this in the years to come.

The #FMSPhotoaday challenge is Begins With S.....

And the stockings were hung by the chimney with care.
In hopes that St. Nicholas would soon be there.
~Clement C. Moore






No comments:

Post a Comment