Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Time To Get Stoned! (334/366)

This is my living room.  The lovely painted fireplace (yuk!) and wonderful 1970's paneling.  I loved having a fireplace but I hated that it was painted.  I thought about stripping off the paint and bringing it back to the red brick it was but all I could imagine was a mess and a terrible smell.

As I was getting started on the renovations on my home's exterior, I invited my contractor, Dave into the house to ask a few questions.  One was what should I do with the fireplace?  He recommended "stoning" it with flat stone and after I got his quote, I was "all in".

So tomorrow he starts.  A lovely pallet of "caramel" colors for the stone, sandstone hearth and shelf, glass doors and that paneling finds its way OUT of my home!

I think I am going to put a bow on it when it's done.  This is all I want Santa to bring me...Ho Ho Ho!

Go to bed in your fireplace, you will sleep like a log.
~Ellen DeGeneres




2 comments:

  1. Me either Jody and I think I need some photographic art on either side of the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete