Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 25, 2012

IHEARTMYBODY (299/366)

October 25th, 2012, IHEARTMYBODY Day.  It's a movement I read about just yesterday on the fat mum slim blog that I follow.  In simple terms, this is a day to celebrate who you are and loving your body.  I know for me, loving that body is not an easy thing but I am getting there.

I was never the pretty, skinny girl that everyone wanted to date or be in the "cool cliques".  Now, that is not saying I didn't have dates/boyfriends and I made and still have some great friends from my childhood years.  But I always fantasized about being that "hot" chick.  You know the one.  She would make men just drool.  All I wanted (back then) was 24 hours as "HER" and all I really wanted to be able to do, is to turn them all down.  If I was not good enough for them as ME, why should they be good enough for ME now?

Then I grew up.  Then I got married, had kids, lived life.  Then I learned there was more to me than looking hot in a mini skirt and heels (it's still a goal though..lol)  What I learned was most important was being happy with who I am as a person and being healthy.  Those things have moved me to do what I love doing and sharing it and getting back into shape.  I have also come to the realization that a shape for me will never be 120lbs without an ounce of body fat and now I am OK with that.

So this is me on IHEARTMYBODY day.  I hope that next year, now that I know the day, I can be a little more prepared and a little more creative with my post.

IHEARTMYBODY, do you?  If so, don't be afraid to share : )

http://weheartlife.com/2012/10/ihmb-2012/




6 comments:

  1. I've always been jealous of your nice legs and the ability to wear a miniskirt! I'm also very proud of you for working so hard to get to where you are, you were an inspiration to me to get healthy as well. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank YOU Dawn for re-motivating me to finish the job I started and to finally get where I need to be! We are both AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, its so very important to really have a good sense of respect and love for oneself (in the healthy kinda way) than to blindly chase after some physical ideal and yet have low self worth about one's appearance & physique.

    You go Sammie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gene! It's really what is most important!

    ReplyDelete