Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 10, 2012

Tiny Band Of Gold (223/366)

We got home from visiting my Mom today and this is the last of my travels for a while.  I need to rest up for the big trip next year!  Knowing that my time today would be limited, I decided to combine the Photoadayaug challenge with my blog.

The word today is RING.  I have a few rings I could have used but this was the one that I felt set the tone after an email I received.  First, let's talk about the ring.  My best friend and I have matching ones that we exchanged on her graduation.  Just a tiny band of gold with a simple sentiment inside.

Hers says :  Dawn BFA Wham and mine says: Wham BFA Dawn.  It's just that simple.  We may not talk for a week or a month but when we do, it's as if no time has passed.  We just pick up where we left off!

I chose this for today because we need to keep our friends close.  Not always physically but in our hearts.  I received an email today that a friend of mine is dying of cancer and the treatments they are doing are just to keep him comfortable and give him more time.  I will keep him and his family in my prayers and be thankful for all the friends that I am blessed with.  It really makes you take stock in what you do have and push aside the silliness that we can let get in the way.

So here's to you, all my friends and especially Greg.  You will always have a special place in my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment