Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Remembering (185/366)

The kids and I starting our busy July which usually means a lot of driving and traveling to new places.  I can't call this vacation (yet) because I am still on the go.  Today brought us to our Nation's capitol.  We got to DC about 12:30, got to our hotel, parked and headed over to Union Station to do the Trolley Tour.  Since this was a quick visit, this was our way of getting a taste for it all.  I really need to bring the kids back here for a long weekend so we can do it properly and I can get up close and personal with all the city has to offer.

This is the Lincoln Memorial and was the one that I got the closest too while the Trolley took us all around.
With our Nation's birthday less than a few hours away, I felt this was the best part of my day.

I am proud to be an American.  Now if we could just get our government to feel the same way and stop screwing things up!  I think they are taking lesson from some of the KO school board members, but that is a story for another day.

Happy Birthday America!



No comments:

Post a Comment