Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 9, 2012

BIG! (191/366)

The #photoadayjuly challenge for today is BIG.  Being in Salt Lake City for the first time, I couldn't help but want a shot of the mountains all around me.  These are much more than the "hills" we have in Pittsburgh.

This is a shot from the Capitol Hill area of Salt Lake and these are the Wasatch Mountain range.  I love how the valley just stops and boom, you are in the mountains.  No gradual ascent, they are just right there in your face surrounding the city of Salt Lake like giant stone necklace.

I am truly not in Pittsburgh anymore and a special shout out to my co-worker, Rob Crow, for being my tour guide tonight, I got some great shots and really appreciated his time!

It is wise for us to forget our troubles, there are always new ones to replace them.
~Brigham Young



No comments:

Post a Comment