Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Flutist (125/366)

Today was Shannon's special day.  She has been playing the flute since 4th Grade and this year was given the honor of performing in the PMEA Band Festival.  The PMEA is the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association and it is an affiliate of the National Association for Music Educators.

Students elected to this band were given their music back in the beginning of the year and they practiced at home and with their own school band teacher.  The day before the concert, all 125 children met for the first time  for an all day practice.  It was then they met their guest conductor, Ted Cramer.

I have to say we were all blown away at how well the kids played as there were some very difficult pieces.
Some of the selections we heard today were: Bugler's Dream (Olympic Fanfare), Salute to Louis Armstrong, Star Wars (Main Theme) and a compilation called Sousa Favorites.  It was a delightful 45 mins and I am so proud of how far they have all progressed.

Yeah, I am still smiling!

I can never make up my mind if I am happy being a flute player, or if I wish I were Eric Clapton.
~Ian Anderson 






No comments:

Post a Comment