Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday, in the park (70/366)


But it was March 10th, not the 4th of July.  It was also a chilly 28F when we left for downtown to go to the National Aviary.  It was necessary to be outside and doing something that did not relate to work this weekend.

Shannon was off camping with the Girl Scouts so Daniel joined me for a photo expedition at the Aviary.  We have lived here for almost 6 years and have not made it there yet.  We had a blast together and I took over 300 photos.

After our visit, we took a walk in the Allegheny Commons Park.  It's Pittsburgh's oldest park and was built as a "breathing" space for the citizens of the then, city of Allegheny.  It was meant to give those who lived in the sooty city, a place to escape.  Daniel and I enjoyed a lovely walk around the Park and Lake Elizabeth and I shot this picture from the far side, near the Soldier's Monument.  For more information on the park, feel free to check it out at http://www.alleghenycommons.org/ .

It was so good to have my camera in my hands and to enjoy the beauty of a near Spring Day.

People talking, people laughing
A man selling ice cream
Singing Italian songs
Can you dig it, (yes I can)
And I have been waiting such a long time
For Saturday







No comments:

Post a Comment