Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 27, 2012

Blinded (58/366)


So I was sitting in one of the end offices with my co-worker Ed and as we were discussing the integration of our latest acquisition and I could not help but notice how beautiful the sun set was through the blinds of his office.

I was less than polite when I noticed the time and told him I had to run to capture the moment and get ready for my Zumba class.

As I was shutting down my laptop, I caught an email from a long time, online friend.  We had not connected in a few months and last we talked he was having issues with his sleep Apnea and back pain that he attributed to not sleeping well.

Well, my smile from finding the email quickly dissolved when I found out that his absence from the online world was due to the fact that he has cancer.  Started in his kidneys and moved to his spine.  He has been through two surgeries, rehab and is about to start chemo and a possible 3rd surgery.  I can't even begin to fathom what he and his family must be going through.

It was just back in Sept 2010 that we met in person after knowing each other for several years.  We both love baseball and we met in Baltimore to watch his Yankees play the Orioles.  It was all Orioles till the 9th inning.  He laughed and said that if the Yankees had lost, it would have been all my fault....what a guy!

So here's to my friend Greg.  May you see and share many, many beautiful sunsets like this.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Luv ya!

I wish Cancer would get Cancer and die!







No comments:

Post a Comment